Production File Guidelines
Because your job is important to us, we have written this brief guide to help you obtain the maximum quality when we print your job.
All files must be submitted in a PDF format with the following requirements:
- All fonts must be embedded.
Photos and artwork should be at least 300 dpi. We cannot be responsible for the quality of any photos or artwork with less than 150 dpi.
- All color must be set up in either spot color or CMYK. We cannot accept RGB colors.
All black type must be black only, not Rich Black or Registration.
- All color photos must be converted to CMYK with a total ink limit of 240%. Dot gain should be set for 30%.
- All black and white photos must be converted to grayscale with a 30% dot gain.
- Documents should be set up to the correct final size.
- Any bleeds need to be set at 0.25″ on all sides – printer’s marks are not required.
- Transparencies must be flattened.
If proofs are required, we will provide electronic SendIt proofs. Although other forms of proofs may be requested (PDF, Hard copy, etc.) the SendIt proofs will be the final authorized form.
For optimum reproduction, it is recommended to use our Photoshop Settings for reproduction on newsprint.
Please contact Trumbull Tech Support if you have any questions on any of these topics.